As you spruce up your home for spring, this is a great time to conduct an energy audit and ensure that your home is well-insulated for the summer (and beyond). We’ve partnered with Priority Energy™, one of the leading residential and commercial certified energy raters in the Midwest, because we’re confident that you’ll see the benefits of Icynene foam insulation and save money in the process.
Your home energy assessment can help you pinpoint unnecessary costs and show you how to reduce your monthly utility bill. In addition to learning about foam insulation, you’ll pick up other energy-saving tips and gain a complete cost/benefit analysis of all your options as part of the audit.
Among the services included in your home energy assessment are:
- A thorough review of your utility bills including seasonal usage (like heating or cooling) and base load (appliances that you use year round)
- A detailed analysis of your home’s ductwork to ensure that it’s properly balanced and leak-free
- A comprehensive blower door test to determine how much air your home is letting in and out
- Testing for unusual amounts of carbon monoxide and oxygen, which could indicate an inefficient water heater or furnace
- The use of infrared imaging to identify insulation problems not visible to the naked eye, including missing roof and window insulation
This video from Priority Energy shows how the company uses Flir cameras to pinpoint areas that lack of proper insulation:
An Energy Star Partner and a BPI Training Affiliate, Priority Energy is also a certified RESNET Rater Training provider. We’re happy be partnering with Priority Energy, as we know it will create greater awareness about Icynene and help homeowners make smart energy choices.